Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Summary of Chinatown

I though that Chinatown in Oakland was right here on 18Th street in East Oakland but it's over there by the downtown area and it's close by to Broadway.So what I thought about the people that would be out there was that maybe there would be a mix of races but not that much so then I thought to myself they are not going to speak English allot of people did not speak English because they did not want to or they just did not know. So for me it was kind of hard to be asking people around if they wanted to get interview. So allot of people would just get scared and say they did not want to because they were really busy when they did not have no people there. The major difference that I saw between fruitvale and Chinatown was that in Chinatown they were fixing the road and making they buildings better to open new business's and right here on the fruitvale district there are more merchants that sell allot of stuff to Latinos and in Chinatown is mostly Chinese people. The surprises that I saw was that the people out there they have a different perspective's when they see other races i think they get scared because they see people that don't look like them. So what I saw about health was they were allot of Health services and there was a pharmacy so they really get all the help that they need at least that is what i think. So that was a weird experience for me and my group

No comments: